Thursday, September 9, 2010

Book Club Prizes

Since book club will be at my house tonight (and I use the term "book" very loosely), I decided to give it a little kick and have a "Name that book/movie quote" game.  So here are the cheap prizes:

Note cards (no, they're not very detailed, but that's the way it is around here) - used the Cricut "Life's a Beach" (used decorative scissors on the bottom of the top flap, then used a makeup sponge dabbed onto the inkpad to put a little color around the edges);



A homemade lap board that looks very dull and boring but is the greatest thing ever - I use these things ALL THE TIME when I need a sturdy, flat surface.  Some while back I went to Lowe's and got a big, big sheet of this whatchacall it board (it's some sort of particleboard I think - only about 1/4" thick) - the hubby cut it up into different sizes on the table saw and I rounded the corners with the band saw;

Facial scrub, just made with sugar and olive oil (the kiddo swears by it);

Rosemary, for a ton of reasons, and a ton more reasons, and because it grows like kudzu and we have a ton of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment