Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cake Stand Cloth

Glass cake stands at a yard sale just draw me like a moth to the flame. 


And while I do occasionally use them to put a cake on, I am also known to set a pie plate or a fruit bowl on top of one as well.


But that brings up the issue of glass on glass and I don't want my cake stand to get scratched.


So I figured if a table could have a tablecloth, then a cake stand could have a cake stand cloth.


I laid the cake stand upside down on the fabric and cut 2 pieces of fabric:









and 1 piece of in-between.

I used fleece that comes on a bolt (it's what I use when I make Christmas stockings).


Put the right sides of the fabric together, the fleece on top, pin it and sew it, leaving a hole for turning.  I used about a 3/8" seam.


Turn it, sew around the edge and voila:









Now your glass pie plate is not scratching up your glass cake stand. 


I know the corning ware pie plate doesn't exactly go with the fabric and the glass cake stand but we'll just have to deal with it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment