Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stockings for Wedding Gifts

Because people keep insisting on getting married, I decided a couple of years ago that Christmas stockings would be a gift that would be personal and different.  I've made quite a few lately.  When a couple gets married close to Christmas, I'm able to get a little ornament to go along with the stockings.  However, when they get married in 100 degree weather, they're fresh out of luck.

Hancock Fabric has Christmas material on sale right now, so I usually stock up, go ahead and make the bottoms of the stockings and have them on hand.  Since it's easier to embroider the names onto a single layer of fabric, I wait and finish the tops (cuffs) when I need them for a gift.



These are also great when it's necessary to mail your gift, as they're easy to pack and ship and they're light weight.

I also make these for baby gifts as well.  However, I make them a little different, and will post a picture of the next one I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment